A TinyMCE Editor for Tags, Categories, and Taxonomies
The Rich Text Tags Plugin allows you to edit tag descriptions, category descriptions, and taxonomy descriptions using WordPress’ built in rich-text editor. Switch between WYSIWYG and HTML editing modes with the click of a link. Use the WordPress uploader to insert images from your computer or site’s Media Library.
Use the WordPress functions
category_description() in your theme to show the descriptions. To learn how to show taxonomy descriptions, read more on the plugin page.
- Edit term descriptions with WordPress’s built-in WYSIWYG editor
- Works with custom taxonomies (and custom post types, introduced in WP 3.0)
- Now supports user biography fields!
- Upload the
rich-text-tagsfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Q. What is the license of this plugin?
- This plugin is released under a GPL license.
Q. Neat plugin page image.
A. Thanks, it’s by Lauren Manning.
- Re-added shortened term descriptions in Term view.
- Fixed HTML “quick tags” button width
- Added Media description support
- Fixed bug that made the password fields disappear in Edit User & User Profile screens.
- Made plugin load even later to allow for more custom taxonomies.
- Fixed issue with filters stripping tags.
- Added support for rich text editing user biography fields!
- Made load a little later for support of more taxonomies
- Plugin now loads later to allow for custom taxonomies
- Fixed: restored
do_shortcodefilter on term descriptions
- The plugin now uses WordPress’s built-in wp_editor() and requires WordPress 3.3
- Added localization support (multiple languages)
- Improved functionality in WordPress 3.2.1
First argument is expected to be a valid callback, 'wp_tiny_mce_preload_dialogs'error (issue 625561 and 603480
- Improved plugin layout on main taxonomy page
- Fixed “Attempt to assign property of non-object error” as reported by chp2009
- Shortened term description in the Edit page so the table doesn’t get too long (good idea, DL). You can modify the length with the
- Added support for NextGen Gallery
- Improved Media Buttons support by gathering up stray link buttons
- Added shortcode functionality for term descriptions (tags, categories and taxonomies). Shortcodes will now work in these descriptions.
- Fixed whitespace from being stripped in HTML mode
- Fixed issue where toggling between rich text and HTML editors removed paragraphs and line breaks (issue 473880)
- Added support for WordPress 3.0+
- Improved code structure
- Fixed issues with rich text being stripped by WordPress (issue 386264 and 460685
- Added additional GPL license information
- Added editor uploader/media library capability
- Improved placement of Toggle link
remove_filter( 'pre_term_description', 'wp_filter_kses' );code to allow for HTML in tag,
category, and taxonomy descriptions — since that’s what this plugin does
- Updated the
readme.txtfile to make clearer
- First version of plugin
- Added link to disable Rich Text Editor
[plugin-stats size="500x300" add-link="1"]