After a year of hosting the SEODenver.com website on WordPress.com servers, it’s time to finally move on.
WordPress hosting was a good way to get the SEO Denver Blog up quicky and without much forethought…but WordPress.com hosting was always temporary, and finally, the site has moved!
Why move the SEO Denver Blog?
WordPress.com hosting didn’t allow:
- Plugins or Widgets — As a WordPress plugin developer, I need to be able to feature my own plugins on the site. Not only that, but I need to flexibility to add functionality when I want to.
- Basic SEO Functionality – I want to be able to name my post one thing and give it a different
<title>. Is that too much to ask? Apparently…
- Theme Editing — I am a developer, designer, and Denver SEO, so I need super crazy control over my theme. So, instead of using a basic Cutline installtion, I’m now using the Thesis theme. Yes, I could have paid more to edit the CSS, but then I’m paying for something I can do for free myself…
- Related Posts — besides being great for keeping readers on your website longer, having related posts is a great way to encourage Google and search engines to deep-index your website. If I wanted related posts on WordPress, I had to include posts from other websites. No thanks!
- ME WANT LOGO! — This is along the lines of theme editing, but it’s another reason I switched: I want to have the Katz Web Services logo on the top of the site instead of a text link. Simple, right? Now it is.
More Competitive in ‘Denver SEO’
Now that I have my own hosting, I can make more moves than I could on WordPress. I now can compete with this site for the phrase Denver SEO. This site’s already #1 for SEO Denver…let’s see what a little optimized code can do
Let me know what you think of the new website by leaving a comment below.